We help you enrich and transform your life with journaling. Learn how to write consistently, deeply and authentically! Join a community of people who love journaling.
Be Inspired to Journal.
I often think about how different my journaling world has been since becoming a member of IAJW. While journaling has been such an important part of my life since 1974, it was pretty much a solitary journey, aside from the occasional journal workshops I would facilitate. People in my life knew about my extensive collection of journals, but that’s where it ended. Now I am loving being part of a community of like-minded individuals and having the opportunity to share with them in a variety of ways. It has opened new doors for me, and I am immensely grateful. – Merle R. Saferstein, IAJW Member
For years, I’ve been searching for a community of fellow journalers. I am thrilled to be part of such a supportive group of writers who understand the value of journaling, are devoted to learning more about themselves and the world through the process, and happily share their insights with the rest of us. I encourage anyone with a love for the written word and the power of journaling to join IAJW to discover the amazing benefits of this practice!
– Vicky DeCoster, Life Transitions Coach and Author
The Power of Daily Practice
In this FREE Webinar you will learn:
- The fundamental importance of daily practice
- The relationships among daily practice, meaning & purpose
- The eight keys to daily practice
- Varieties of daily practice – what’s available to you?
- Challenges to daily practice – and what to do about them!
Come join Lynda Monk and Dr. Eric Maisel for this inspiring hour!
Take time for yourself, gain clarity and focus, get unstuck from creative procrastination and dive deep into the healing art of expressive writing with this 6-week Writing for Wellness Salon.
“”This Salon was truly transformational for me. I loved the way we were introduced to different types of writing and encouraged to try them all. In working through the material, I discovered a love of poetic writing. Writing has now become a regular part of my life … ” Fiona Lewis, Social Worker
From Our Journal Writing Blog…
Interview with the National Association of Memoir Writers Host: Linda Joy Meyers, Director, NAMW.org Guest: Lynda Monk, Director, IAJW.org About Lynda's Adoptee Memoir in Progress I have been working on my adoptee memoir on and ... Read More >>
Journaling has been my soft place to land since my first “5-year personal diary” until now, many years later. I am still learning, growing and using journaling personally and professionally. Meeting Lynda Monk and coming to the IAJW was like coming home to a family dear to me that I respect, value and know who love Journaling just as much as I do. Being part of the Journal Council, is an honor and I know I can wholeheartedly trust the expertise, the integrity of the organization and the quality of products offered here. – Nicolle Nattrass, Counsellor, Author, Performer
How can the IAJW help you with your Journal Writing?
We know how to help you get the most out of your journal writing:
- To help you write often, in your own voice, and move into new and deeper territory
- To help you find the gold in your journals.
- To help you know yourself better.
- To help you make connections, gain insights, see life patterns, and ultimately make the life changes you want–whether it is to improve relationships, to figure out how to move forward through a transition period, to balance your emotions, to improve your health, or to become a better writer.
We do this by offering:
- eCourses designed specifically for Journal Writers
- Journal Writing Products including eBooks, self-paced Audio Classes and Journal Writing Tools
- A Journal Writing Blog packed full of great tips and ideas
- PLUS, once you are an IAJW Member, you will get access to our Library of Journal Writing Articles and Audio Recordings, Our Monthly Telechats and our Monthly Journal Writing Circles.
Our mission is to inspire your creative self-expression and life enrichment through journaling!
I love that I can always count all the warmth, shared ideas and comraderie of the IAJW community. I appreciate Lynda’s leadership, wisdom and loving-kindness which she infuses into all that she does. I also appreciate the courses, tools, and spontaneous writing prompts all of which enhance my journaling, and broaden my point of view. The monthly tele-chats are always lively, and informative and the guests share ideas and in-the-moment experiences that enhance and refresh my journaling and my life. All the way around the IAJW is a treasure that feels like home to me, and it always has. Thank you Lynda! – Cheryl Finley Goggins, IAJW Member