Welcome to the International Association for Journal Writing
The IAJW is committed to helping you write consistently, deeply and authentically to keep your journal writing fresh, enjoyable and transformational. Be inspired. Create. Connect.
Inspiration, ideas, tips and prompts delivered directly for the next 7 days!
Featured Products and Courses for Journal Writing:
A Year in the Life gently leads you through one full year of introspective writing, using weekly prompts and topics as a springoard into your deepest feelings.
Celebrate Journaling: Journal Luminaries Speak includes 9 incredible interviews with the fun and enlightening masters of writing practice.
This Finding Joy Within journaling tool help you access greater feelings of joy regardless of your outer circumstances.
Dr. Maisel’s Focused Journal Method is an elegant, systematic way of meeting life’s challenges using intentional journaling.
From Our Journal Writing Blog…
Are you a journal writer who also dreams of writing a memoir? I am currently in the midst of mining my journals for raw material to help me with writing - Surrender: An Adoptee's Memoir. ... Read More >>
Ruth Folit, founder of the IAJW, reflects on her past experience with participating in Online Writing Practice What is Online Writing Practice? It's an hour of time spent mid-day, with writers of any shape, size, ... Read More >>
Getting Started with Writing a Poem: without needing to know what you are going to say next by Sheila Bender
Do you like or want to write poetry? Maybe you want to craft a poem in the pages in your journal for the pure joy of it? Perhaps you want to write a poem for ... Read More >>
How can the IAJW can help you with your Journal Writing?
We know how to help you get the most out of your journal writing:
- To help you write often, in your own voice, and move into new and deeper territory
- To help you find the gold in your journals.
- To help you know yourself better.
- To help you make connections, gain insights, see life patterns, and ultimately make the life changes you want–whether it is to improve relationships, to figure out how to move forward through a transition period, to balance your emotions, to improve your health, or to become a better writer.
We do this by offering:
- eCourses designed specifically for Journal Writers
- Journal Writing Products including eBooks, self-paced Audio Classes and Journal Writing Tools
- A Journal Writing Blog packed full of great tips and ideas
- PLUS Once you are an IAJW Member you will get access to our Library of Journal Writing Articles and Audio Recordings, Our Monthly Telechats and our Monthly Journal Writing Circles.
The IAJW exists to inspire, inform and juice up your journal writing!