We are here to help you transform and enrich your life with journaling. Learn how to write consistently, deeply and authentically! Join a community of people who love journaling.
- Deepen your journaling
- Be inspired to write consistently
- Spark your creativity
- Connect with other journal writers
- Receive all of our exclusive member benefits!
Be Inspired to Journal.
I often think about how different my journaling world has been since becoming a member of IAJW. While journaling has been such an important part of my life since 1974, it was pretty much a solitary journey, aside from the occasional journal workshops I would facilitate. People in my life knew about my extensive collection of journals, but that’s where it ended. Now I am loving being part of a community of like-minded individuals and having the opportunity to share with them in a variety of ways. It has opened new doors for me, and I am immensely grateful. – Merle R. Saferstein, IAJW Member
For years, I’ve been searching for a community of fellow journalers. I am thrilled to be part of such a supportive group of writers who understand the value of journaling, are devoted to learning more about themselves and the world through the process, and happily share their insights with the rest of us. I encourage anyone with a love for the written word and the power of journaling to join IAJW to discover the amazing benefits of this practice!
– Vicky DeCoster, Life Transitions Coach and Author
“As both a clinical psychologist and writer, I’ve seen the many psychological benefits of writing in myself and my patients. Beth’s work helps people develop a wide range of emotional skills. Her online course is a tremendous resource that provides what neither therapy nor self-help books can do on their own. I highly recommend Beth’s course!” ~ Nina Uziel-Miller, Ph.D., Clinical Psychologist
From Our Journal Writing Blog…
Journaling in the Third Person How writing about ourselves like a character in a story of our own making helps us believe and create the good things we desire. By Lara Zielin, Guest Author ** For ... Read More >>
By Mary Ann Moore I have a daily morning practice of sitting at a table in front of my bedroom window. I greet all my guides including the mountain known as the Grandmother of All ... Read More >>
Journaling has been my soft place to land since my first “5-year personal diary” until now, many years later. I am still learning, growing and using journaling personally and professionally. Meeting Lynda Monk and coming to the IAJW was like coming home to a family dear to me that I respect, value and know who love Journaling just as much as I do. Being part of the Journal Council, is an honor and I know I can wholeheartedly trust the expertise, the integrity of the organization and the quality of products offered here. – Nicolle Nattrass, Counsellor, Author, Performer
How can the IAJW help you with your Journal Writing?
We know how to help you get the most out of your journal writing:
- To help you write often, in your own voice, and move into new and deeper territory
- To help you find the gold in your journals.
- To help you know yourself better.
- To help you make connections, gain insights, see life patterns, and ultimately make the life changes you want–whether it is to improve relationships, to figure out how to move forward through a transition period, to balance your emotions, to improve your health, or to become a better writer.
We do this by offering:
- eCourses designed specifically for Journal Writers
- Journal Writing Products including eBooks, self-paced Audio Classes and Journal Writing Tools
- A Journal Writing Blog packed full of great tips and ideas
- PLUS, once you are an IAJW Member, you will get access to our Library of Journal Writing Articles and Audio Recordings, Our Monthly Telechats and our Monthly Journal Writing Circles.
The IAJW exists to inspire, inform and juice up your journal writing!
I love that I can always count all the warmth, shared ideas and comraderie of the IAJW community. I appreciate Lynda’s leadership, wisdom and loving-kindness which she infuses into all that she does. I also appreciate the courses, tools, and spontaneous writing prompts all of which enhance my journaling, and broaden my point of view. The monthly tele-chats are always lively, and informative and the guests share ideas and in-the-moment experiences that enhance and refresh my journaling and my life. All the way around the IAJW is a treasure that feels like home to me, and it always has. Thank you Lynda! – Cheryl Finley Goggins, IAJW Member