It’s the perfect time to pause & ponder…
Spring is officially here for those of us in the Northern Hemisphere*, even if the weather hasn’t caught up! Would you like some inspiration to freshen up your motivation?
As the longer days return and we have more light (and hopefully sunshine), it’s the perfect time to pause, refocus and get re-energized.
In addition, as the COVID restrictions begin to recede for many of us, we can use this as an opportunity to look afresh at our lives and what really matters…
* If you’re in the Southern hemisphere and heading into Autumn, the season change is still a great opportunity for a life “Spring Clean”. Simply adapt the questions.
These 10 questions are perfect to ponder on a walk, over coffee, a glass of wine, with friends (in person or over Zoom!) or as deeper journaling prompts for yourself.
Here are 10 Questions or Journaling Prompts to “Spring Clean Your Life!”
These questions are to reflect, ponder and review. Answer all of them (taking as long as you want!), or just pick the prompts that grab or interest you. Enjoy these questions that help you move forward with renewed clarity and purpose.
1) What does “Spring Clean Your Life” mean to you?
Simply ponder this question lightly over the next few weeks—or set aside some time to journal around this question.
2) What needs Physically & Mentally Spring Cleaning in your life?
Create two columns and make two separate lists (and take note if something appears on both lists…)
3) What cobwebs could you SWEEP AWAY so you can appreciate the beauty of your life?
Try to feel into this question. Imagine what is getting in the way and make a list.
4) What do you need to LET GO OF so that you can spring forward?
Ponder and then make a list.
5) Where are you SHOULD’NG on yourself?
Give some thought, then make a list.
6) What will you BEGIN?
Brainstorm your ideas then make a list!
7) What are your TOP 3 ENERGY ZAPPERS in life at the moment? What are you TOLERATING?
Ponder and write these out somewhere.
8) What ONE new DAILY HABIT would put a spring in your step?
Ponder, or journal around some ideas and make a list.
9) What do you need to JUST GET DONE? What would you be delighted to finish?
Make a list—or perhaps you can already think of ONE big thing…
10) PONDER your Top 3 Spring Goals – what 3 things could you work on?
Identify some fresh goal ideas for this beautiful spring. Write them down, then circle your Top 3.
- We can’t move forwards if we don’t know what direction to head in.
- Where do you want to be in 3 Month’s time?
- Stuck? What do you want to be the same—and what would you like to be different? What would you like more of, and less of?
- To go deeper, complete (or re-complete) the 3 Month Resilience Map. This will help you identify 3 smaller goals to work towards for the next 3 months.
About the Author: Emma-Louise Elsey is a life coach, writer, and gardener. She is also the founder of both Fierce Kindness and The Coaching Tools Company. She is both a personal ICF (International Coach Federation) member and an ICF Business Solutions Partner. You can learn more about Emma-Louise and read the original article on her blog>>>
Leave A Comment