The most common advice given writers is, “Show, don’t tell.” This Journaling Tool “shows” journal writers how to do it through:
- Illustrating the difference between abstract vs concrete words
- Providing examples of how using active verbs enlivens language
- Describing ways to create images that bring descriptions alive
- Suggesting exercises and prompts for writing through the senses
- Offering tips for more descriptive writing
In addition, this tool outlines nine specific areas that can add richness and depth to the writing and add to the experience of writing itself.
The prompts, guidelines, tips, and ideas in this Show, Don’t Tell Journaling Tool invite you to uncover and discover layers of experience and reflection in your writing.