Your Quotes “Practice”
STEP 1) If you can, get out in nature
Go for a hike, sit on a beach, by a pond or lake or simply in your yard, under a tree or in an urban park.
If getting outside in ‘nature’ isn’t an option, ponder these quotes over a quiet cup of tea or coffee, somewhere cosy or with an inspiring view.
STEP 2) Review the 7 nature quotes
STEP 3) Now consider the 10 summer journaling prompts below for some “deep inner listening”
Ponder your answers or for best results, write in your journal.
- Start by contemplating your life over the last few months.
- What has been the ‘tone’, texture or energy of your life experience?
- What is MISSING? What would you like to be DIFFERENT?
- What are you NOT acknowledging in your life that needs to be brought into the light?
- Next review the nature quotes, then answer:
- What pearls of WISDOM, INSPIRATION or YEARNINGS do these quotes spark for you?
- Which nature quote most RESONATES with you? Why is that?
- Write out the nature quotes that speak to you and ponder these questions:
- WHY do you think you were drawn to these quotes?
- WHAT do you think the quote is saying to YOU specifically?
- What are some IDEAS you’ve been having, of changes you could make in your life—however small?
- You have a deep inner wisdom that recognizes truth and what needs to change.
- What MESSAGE from this exercise do you most need to heed (pay attention to)?
- What ACTION do you need to take?
Go Deeper Still
Finally, to go even deeper still, choose one quote, write it out and put it somewhere you’ll see it often. Then over the next month, make an effort to notice it—and each time you do, ask:
- What is this quote teaching me or reminding me of today/now?